Sunday, 15 July 2012

Stick to Your Guns - Inspiration for Wild at Heart



While I've been kicking back, and have enjoyed bringing you a new, fresh tantalizing Tuesday teaser each week, I've neglected my other work. While I don't believe in writer's block, I lost my desire to write, and thanks to a wonderful youtube discovery, I have had my passion reignited!
Allow me to fill those of you in on my work in progress. In addition to writing some tasteful erotic fiction, (love a steamy sex scene - don't you?) I also enjoy writing a little historical romance. 


The work in progress in question is my baby, "Wild at Heart".  





Late last year my father passed away, and his passing upset the muses. Even though I knew life had to go on, I went about it in a daze. Functioning on auto pilot, I went ahead with a planned trip to the small country town of Forbes, NSW in search of historical information for the book. The book is set in the 1800's around the township of Forbes. Known as Black Ridge back in the 1850's the town was re-named in 1861 after sir Francis Forbes, for reasons that are not relevant to this post. The tale weaves fact with fiction when a young, impetuous outlaw, Jake Riley, discovers himself in the middle of a nasty battle between the traps and fellow outlaw Benjamin Hall.


The real life story of Ben Hall sparked my initial attention for the story. His story was filled with injustices, backstabbing friends, and a young wife who couldn't cope on her own with a baby. At the time, Ben's story struck a receptive chord within me. Almost like the pieces of a puzzle began falling into place. I enjoy research - family history, among my other talents....

Well, combining things from my family history, the stories of bushrangers and romance seemed like a fantastic idea at the time. I owe my fascination of westerns to my father who enjoyed watching old John Wayne movies. I grew up on TV shows like Bonanza, The Magnificent Seven, Rooster Cogburn, and True Grit - no wonder I am the person I am today. My teen years were flooded by a new breed of cowboy and outlaw with the arrival of movies like Young Guns, Young Guns II, Tombstone, and recently 3:10 to Yuma.


Their life was hard - heck if you've ever ridden a horse for four hours you'd know what saddle sore feels like. Imagine riding for days on horse back through a harsh and unforgiving, dusty climate on one to get from point A to B. I am seriously loving the invention of the motor vehicle...


Well to get me back on track, I rummaged through some Bon Jovi songs (music inspires me) to connect with my wayward inner emotions. I needed something to jump start my own wild heart and stumbled upon this clip. When Christian Bale and Russell Crowe in 3:10 to Yuma, mix with the emotional ride that Bon Jovi provide with rock classic 'Stick to your Guns' - they're going to raise some hell... Come have a little watch at the inspiration that brought Wild at Heart back from the furthest parts of my reserves. Embracing it!

~To maximize sound quality, you might wish to turn off the blog music to watch this video, or view this on youtube ~





5 comments:

  1. I ԁo not eνen κnow how Ι endеԁ up hеrе, but I thοught this ρoѕt
    ωаs goοd. I don't know who you are but certainly you'гe going to a fаmouѕ blogger if уou
    aren't already ;) Cheers!

    Feel free to visit my homepage: galaxy s3
    Also visit my web-site ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thеre, і гeaԁ your blog from timе to time and i oωn a sіmilar one and i was
    just wondering if уou get а lot of spam гesρоnses?
    If ѕo hοw do you protеct againѕt it, anу plugin or anything you can recommend?
    І gеt ѕο muсh lately іt's driving me mad so any assistance is very much appreciated.

    My web page: zulutradeonline.com
    My web site ::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola! I've been following your weblog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good job!

    Feel free to surf to my weblog; pikavippi
    Feel free to surf my page ; pikavippi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up, just wanted to mention, I loved this post. It was funny. Keep on posting!

    Here is my web page galaxy note 2
    My webpage >

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice аrtіcle. Ι absolutelу appгесіаte thіѕ website.
    Keeр writing!

    mу blog - http://www.ibiliskov.info/2011/05/sharecapture-review/
    Feel free to visit my weblog :

    ReplyDelete