Monday, 23 July 2012

Tantalizing Tuesday Teaser #7

Tuesday 24th July 2012

Tuesday is here again. Time for another tease inspired by a picture. The challenge is to write a tease - no more, no less than 200 words. Here is my offering. Enjoy!


©2012 Cg Brumby – Magic Pools #7

The slightest brush of his fingers against mine sets my soul on fire.  We are not lovers, just friends. Perhaps I feel this way because he saved my life? I can’t justify my feelings, but they are there. They betray me by whispering truth in my subconscious – you want him.  I blush as I accept his out stretched hand. Climbing over the smaller rocks and divides were easy, but now the creek-bed begins to resemble the Rocky Mountains.

My heart pounds so hard that I can hear the blood thumping in my ears as the air crackles with energy around our bond. Does he feel it too?  I reach the top with his aid. The view is nothing short of spectacular. Tiny waterfalls trickle and cascade in steps down to an open body of water that winds around a bend.

I hear a powerful rushing hiss and suspect there is another waterfall around the next bend. We are well out of the way of prying eyes, but I still feel as though we are being watched. Swallowing my nerves, I follow him. The mossy covered stepping stones are slippery.  I lose my footing. I’m falling! Strong arms wrap around me….



If you enjoyed being teased, follow this link to discover other talented writers and let them tease you too.
http://tantalizingtuesday.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/24-july.html?zx=b17e84098d04ae64



12 comments:

  1. And THEN......???? You created a true cliffhanger, brilliantly. The tempo is perfect, the build up to the fall suspenseful. I loved it, Cg:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ho! A hero. They won't be able to resist their attraction, now. Very nice build up to THE moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm kinda holding out for one of those. I figure, if I write about one, he will appear....happens every time.....

      Delete
  3. Yes, YEs! AND!!!!! VEry visual! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerri-Anne. I think this TT has inspired me to write a detailed story...

      Delete
  4. Ohhh thats such a tease to finish at that point. I loved the erotic build up, the sensual feelings of wantng. Great TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm... This teaser promises great romance... but you're wickedly holding out on us.
    Very good Cg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, love the tension and the tease. You built a lovely story around a beautiful picture, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this one so much. You truely are a tease!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifully described and very well written Great tease

    ReplyDelete