Monday, 30 July 2012

Tantalizing Tuesday Teaser #8


Tuesday 31st July 2012
Tuesday is here again. Time for another tease inspired by a picture. The challenge is to write a tease - no more or less than 200 words. Here is what I'm sharing with you today. Enjoy!


©2012 Distracting the Muses – Cg Brumby #8

The Devil’s lively fiddle mocks with a melodious jig that’s cleverly designed to insult. I should have known better.

The irresistible invitation of temptation’s flickering flame set my path on this dangerous journey. Like Icarus, I flew too close. The flames destroyed my wings, consuming what was left of my figurative heart.

Now, I exist without feeling. A callous creature I have become. Cold and heartless is the fa├žade I am forced to portray. Eternal life spirals out of control as I stumble through the ages, bereft of the human soul that once possessed my feeble bosom.


Recently, I dared to hope that all was not lost. But when my lover scorned my devotion, I lost the will to exist. My kingdom was once a bright, sunny, and peaceful place where life could grow and be shared.

Light has been lost forever; darkness reigns supreme. The wrath my fire brings will be cool as water compared to what lies ahead for those who walk where angels fear to tread.

A destructive beast burns within, who could ever love it? Only love can redeem me from my dark, hellish plight…

Startled, I drop my quill. My heart starts racing.
‘Who’s there?’

*  *  *  *  *

If you enjoyed this tease, come check out the others in this talented group.



Molly Synthia: http://mollysynthia.com



11 comments:

  1. I feel a phoenix rising.......beautifully written and soulfully descriptive. Loved every morsel of it:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful. Truly loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written, sensuous teaser. There has to be a silver lining. The devil can't take all. Who is there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, beautiful description and excellent ending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who IS this character, Cowgirl? Enticing and elusive. And a lovely sting in the tail...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sense redemption somewhere down the path the story is leading... A Phoenix rising from the ashes of lost light and hope.
    This is so beautifully written Cg, it shows a whole new depth to your vast creativity. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh nice! She scared herself. A beautifully written tease.

    ReplyDelete